The Whitpain Walkers is a weekly walking club that meets at various walking trails in the area. This program is ideal for individuals who want to walk with others, begin and/or continue a walking routine, discover great walking trails nearby, or are just looking for something new to do during the day!
The walking club is a non-competitive group that encourages healthy lifestyles, exercise, being in nature, and socializing with others.
Whitpain Walkers will meet Wednesdays and Fridays at 9am. Come when you can!
This program is for adults 18+ and open to all levels and abilities. Leashed (friendly!) dogs permitted on most walks, unless otherwise stated.
An email is sent to registered participants Monday or Tuesday each week detailing the exact meeting location for that particular week. Please make sure you "opt-in" to receive general email announcements from the parks and rec department.
Benefits of Walking
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease, osteoporosis, breast and colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of non-insulin dependent (type 2) diabetes
- Improve blood pressure, blood sugar levels, and blood lipid profile
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well being
Additional Forms and Files: