An action packed drama camp taught by Philadelphia area theatre professionals. Young actors spend the week working as a team to create a play—full of drama, comedy, suspense, mystery, and action!
They are guided through playwriting, fun improvisational games and acting exercises that encourage creativity and self-confidence.
Students will also learn the basics of stagecraft, how to speak loudly and clearly, how to work in teams, how to accept and respect others’ ideas, and how to criticize constructively.
- Theatre Horizon is requiring masks for kids when they are indoors. When they are outdoors and socially distant, they can take masks off. They will go outside as much as possible, weather permitting.
- Campers should bring lunch (full day camp), water, and up to one snack daily.
- Be dressed ready to move (please avoid flip flops and skirts without leggings).
- Apply sunscreen before camp daily. We will be outside often.
- Teaching artists will be emailing parents information about the final showcase partway through the week. Due to COVID safety, we will perform the final showcase at 11:30 am, and families can attend virtually. We hope families can watch it then, but we will also send out a recording so friends and family can plan to view it later.
Additional Forms and Files: